Thursday, 22 September 2011

My Introduction

Hi!


My name is Kira Macmillan and welcome to my blog! I am in my second year of Animal Health Sciences and I am majoring in companion and performance animals. Actually thats kind of a lie.... right now I am registered in Environmental and Conservation Science but I have applied to change my program and have taken all my courses in accordance with the AN SC timeline this year and last year. So i just say I'm in Animal Science. Don't tell.

As far as my use of social media goes I would describe it as slim to none. I do have Facebook but that is mostly to say in touch while travelling and to communicate with a volunteer group I am part of. So I do check it almost daily but I rarely upload pictures or update my status. Because of my ALES 204 class i also now have twitter but I hate using it and I am only following 3 people, my prof, my dad, and Conan O'Brian - cuz he's awesome. As for followers, its just my dad and mad deals edmonton. I'm all for email, Facebook, and texting but outside of that I prefer all my communication to be face to face. I hardly connect with people in real life how am I supposed to do it electronically?

I spend most of my time on a farm working with horses and have been doing so since I was 7. I train horses, teach riding lessons, run a breeding program during the summer, and compete in jumping, dressage, english and western pleasure, reining, and gymkhana. I own a yearling filly named Eclipse and ride anything that needs work at my barn.

In addition to horses I am the treasurer for the Alberta Mentorship Society, a volunteer based organization the focuses on peer to peer support of our group and our community. This is a relatively new society, incorporated this year, and will shortly become a student group at the University of Alberta. We encourage leadership in young adults and taking an active role in the community. Check out AMP on Facebook :)

Well that's all you need to know about me right now.



Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment